What kinds of things am I up to?
I am always interested in the day to day TO-DO's of my friends, even the boring and tedious stuff. A week of TO-DO Check-offs tells a lot about a person. I am hoping everyone who sees this blog will do something similar (and PLEASE! Put some of the boring stuff in!).
Here is my list. I:
-Went to our weekly Sunday night dinner at Danny's parents--LOVE it!
-Held Danny and my first official weekly Sunday night meeting which we are going to do from now on in order to get ourselves a little more organized and directed.
-Did laundry, went grocery shopping at Wal-mart where everyone there that day was sixty years old, cleaned cleaned cleaned cleaned...oh and my house is a total mess right now.
-Purchased soil test kits from the hardware store and tested FOUR areas of my yard for pH, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (though I still don't understand what the phosphorus and potassium tests were, I just did those because I could, I guess).
-Went boating with the Hydes because Danny's fun and smart sister, Christie, and her daughter, Jaydenne, came into town for a visit. It was one of the funnest lake trips this year. The highlight was the end of the trip when Mark unknowingly dumped Scott and Danny (who was dry) off the ski deck into the water. They were at the back of the boat cleaning some stuff up, Rob told Mark they were done when they weren't, and he gave let the boat go from neutral to full throttle. The boys were gone! The look of confused shock on their faces as they went flying into the water was hilarious!
-Got my teeth cleaned while Karen watched my girls. Melia loves to be there so much.
-Paid bills online (I finally started doing this, go me!).
-Went to Melia's preschool orientation.
-Went to the eye doctor to see if I qualified for LASIK. And yes, I do! I can get it done as soon as I am ready! Then I met Anne and Christie for dinner and after bought some things at Saver's Thrift Store. I wish I went to thrift stores more often.
-Went swimming at Mark and Anne's with the girls one night just to hang out with Christie a bit more.
-Loved on my girls.
-Went to YW and watched a Jon Bytheway talk on standards. I was a better person after that.
-Talked to my sister, Heather on the phone for a long time while I weeded. It felt nice to unload a few of my thoughts on her and find out how she was doing.
-Made dinner a few times.
-Ordered a few summer clearance swimsuits that I hope work out! Danny and I are headed to sunny Hawaii in December and I must prepare myself!
-Blogged and e-mailed.
-Watched Kiersten Lewis's kids while she went to Reno.
-Got really sick Thursday through Friday. It came down on me in a matter of 5 minutes and I didn't recover for a day and a half. Missed a picture appointment at JC Penney's for my kids because of it.
-Took care of my sick family (they all came down with it, too).
-Got a prescription for Sophie, who has a sinus infection. The doctor is probably going to remove her adenoids next month. He says on a scale of 0-4, they are a 4.
-Danny's ear infection cleared up and at his check up the doctor and he decided to get his deviated septum fixed soon.
-Fixed and updated the YW Personal Progress Chart/Bulletin.
-Talked with my neighbor friend, about her new life with her first boyfriend, her first driver's license, and her first car, all at the age of 24! She has finally made it to this phase of life! Wahoo!
-Fixed a logo Danny made for my friend and made up some jar labels and business cards.
-Watched my neighbor's little boy while she taught one of her college classes.
-Nursed a few bruises, cleaned Sophie's rashy bumb often, read books almost every day to Melia, let Melia change her clothes like 4 times every day, started Sophie on Malt-o-Meal, and trimmed Melia's hair.
-Tried to get my September art classes scheduled, but failed. I hope I get them figured out next week.
-Reseeded the front lawn.
-I think I brushed Melia's teeth twice this week. I don't know why, but I can't seem to nail this important ritual into my daily routine.
-Did Primary To-Do's like getting subs, organizing my folder, getting calling assignments submitted.
-Went to a Scouts Planning Meeting and missed out on a fundraiser fashion show with Anne so I could stay home and get feeling better.
-Had my weekly "Annie-Time," that I CANNOT go with out. It occurs every Sunday morning for about an hour, in my car, somewhere away from home. I read, pluck my eyebrows, make goals --- it is Heaven!
-Prepared and taught Sharing Time for Primary. It was less fun, more challenging, more scripture-driven than my usual lessons and I felt unsure about it. One of the teachers called me to tell me her kids loved it. Wow. Who would have guessed? Not I.
...This was a sample week of my life! I tag all my friends and family! Go!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
A week with Moi!
Posted by Annie Jane at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
you seriously better stay on this blog posting roll! You did all that in a week? You are a busy woman and it was fun to hear about your day to day things. I always think that you are always doing projects and getting random things done (ie. testing your soil). So fun! I'll post soon of my boring little life.
wow annie, you were busy!! I will do the same on my blog today:)
I hope you are all feeling better, poor Sophie:(
So are you in YW and Primary?
Glad Christie was able to come spend time in NV. She is so fun.
My house is usually trashed after the weekend too.
It's so hard being sick and having to take care of everyone else too. Hope you are all better.
I love the new look! I have missed you in the blogging world. The slid shows were great. Isn't amazing how much you can get done in a week? I'm not sure everyone wants to know about my week...a lot of it is spent in the car and cleaning. Not interesting.
i wish i had weeds to pull
You reseeded the lawn? Amidst all the other things? I have been planning on doing that for years and have never gotten around to it. I am jealous, That was fun reading.
I can't wait for Hawaii, I'm so excited to just chat with you in person.
Wow, I don't know if I'm ready for "Melissa Time" to be one hour a week in my car!
You're a great mom!
What a great idea to write down everything that happens in one week. I dare say that if we looked at it too closely, we'd be overwhelmed looking at the list rather than just taking the week's events as they come.
You are one busy, do-it-all gal. I'm sorry you got sick, too.
Sophie is having her adenoids removed next month? When and where? She will do sooo much better having them out. Best thing we could've done for Dawson as you know.
I'll get to the weekly list too. I'll warn you: It'll be long and I'll forget to mention several things because I'll be hurrying to do something else!
Do you realize that that is just what you DO. Not what you think and you didn't mention dishes, breakfasts, lunches, snacks to name a few?
I love that we can be so active in life. That is the way to be!
What a full week! That was fun to read though, and I'll join in soon.
Your blog looks awesome. You really got busy. That is impressive all you got done this week.
And I am jealous....Hawaii?
where are you getting your lasix done??? I want it done so bad! I did find a doctor to do it but haven't gone in yet.
Annie i am so glad you found me so i could find you!!!!!I cannot believe how much your little girl looks like you it's like looking at a picture of you when you were a little girl!!I absolutely love the picture of you and your mom. It is so beautiful it melted my heart.
Post a Comment