Sophie has learned to pose and smile for the camera. She is starting to actually play a few big kid games with Melia and seems less baby every day. She is starting to care for baby dolls, play kitchen, look at more books, color, and play pretend. Her vocabulary consists of four words: Dah (dad), Daw (dog), muh (more), and haah (hot). I think she is pretty slow to talk but I don't care, I know she will do it eventually. I just love her stage in life right now. It is my favorite!!! She is a total doll!Melia has been quite obedient and a good listener lately when I tell her what to do and not do. The other morning she woke me up, wide awake, at 5 am. I told her to sit and watch her show and that she musn't dare wake me up again. So when I was still sleeping (in) at 8 am, she asked Danny to make her some strawberry milk and then whispered in his ear("because I'm not supposed to wake up Mommy"). She eagerly attends any social event, particularly the cowbus preschool or trips to the library for books. She took a nap the other day, it was heaven. Both girls ASLEEP...simultaneously...during the afternoon...for almost two hours!
Danny is so bright and creative. He is so fun to talk to. He has many ideas about business and artwork and music. And he doesn't just think about it, he does it! Life with Danny is very exciting. He discusses news with me because he follows it so much better than I, and he really enjoys doing his blog. It is very much him. He and his brothers have a good thing going with that. As for his side business ventures, still pending. Success is awaiting closely, I know. He is liking our three-month long P90X bootcamp workout program, and is amazed that he hasn't gained any weight, even by doubling his calories over the last six weeks, including a 500-calorie milkshake right before bed each night. He is as handsome to me as ever, and I love cuddling up to him at night.
Let's see...it is my turn. I have been enjoying my perfect eye sight, cooking a lot and eating well, and taking it easy with my children. They are so fun. Our lives are quiet, simple, at times too quiet (I need to call friends more!), but very rich and wonderful. I know that sounds overly colorful and happy, but I really feel that way right now as I type this. I feel really good. I have purchased some vegan cookbooks to help me make family meals we all can eat, without any meat or dairy. I am sick of so much meat; it is unnecessary, a waste, and expensive. Sophie is still as allergic as ever to any hint of dairy. I am working to complete my interior house decor, at last (well, for the most part). I've swapped stuff out, rearranged, repainted a couple of places, and stayed up late a few times. I've done it for cheap, too. Maybe I'll post pics in the next couple of weeks. I wear high heels more often and apply makeup every day. I wear my cute shirts on average days and put my t-shirts away in a drawer, only to be worn when working or exercising. And exercising! We are rounding out week 5. It can be such a pain, especially when we start working out at 11:30 pm, but it doesn't matter. It is great fun to do this together, we don't usually work out that late, and we both feel quite healthy.
Friday, November 14, 2008
UPDATES...
Posted by Annie Jane at 9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sounds great! Matt and I used to work out together all the time in high school, and have here and there since being married, but not consistently. I would love to do a regular thing with him though, if we were ever home at the same time!
I am jealous of your simple and almost too quiet life right now as I am trying to figure out how to do that!
Oh love...thanks for the update! I was sad we couldn't talk longer the other night. Josh is dying fo p90x. He talks about it all the time.
I LOVE THAT update. I am so happy you are so happy. I need some P90x in my life.
what a happy little life you have right now. Everything and everyone sounds great, and I am so happy for you. I miss you and can't wait until our paths cross again!
I can't believe how big Sophie is!! she looks so cute in her fishy costume!! you need to post one of Melia too:)
I really need to come out to your house soon.
I love you Nana
Sophie looks like she is growing up. What a doll! I love her costume too, so sweet.
Melia is a mature, thoughtful little darling. I love her spunk too.
What is Danny's blog? Is it something I can look at? Danny is great. I love talking to him about issues, computer stuff and general news... he's got quite the perceptive bank of knowledge.
You are darling, Annie. I am glad you feel happy, too! You have every reason to be. I am proud of you for being such a goal setter and achiever! Five weeks into a crazy workout routine??? Jeff and I need to do that too! We're lookin' a bit soft!
This was so fun to read--I cannot tell you how cool I think it is that you and Danny work out together! I wish I could get Brian to do that with me- coordination isn't really his strong suit. :) You look great though- and it sounds like you're really happy. I wish we could go to Kauai with you guys!!
You're a wonderful writer... you should add that too! Knowing you, you're a wonderful mother and I could learn a lot by following your example to lead a quiet life. I tend to feel like we need to be 'doing' but I'm sure I miss out on the little things by doing it that way. I'll work on it!
Hey Annie! It's so great to hear from you! Your family is adorable! Please continue to keep in touch...it's so fun to get re-acquainted with old friends! And if you think you don't look as young as you did in high school you're absolutely wrong!!
Stephanie
Annie,
I can't believe how big your girls are getting! They are both so cute! I love Sophie's Halloween costume!
Post a Comment