Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka!

This Christmas was quiet, pleasant, and warm. The girls were delighted to wake up Christmas morning and see that Santa had eaten the cookies they left out for him. They happily inspected his gifts for them, then moved on to family gifts. They moved through the presents so carefully and sweetly! We were all in Heaven.
Melia's favorite gifts were her piggy bank, play makeup set, and barbies, of course. Sophie loved her cars and babies. And I can't forget to mention that Danny and the girls picked out some lovely jewelry for me (and a Snuggie! ). Poor Danny got a yoyo and cologne.
Later in the day we went swimming, talked to our families on Skype, and had a ham dinner. Despite missing our families a lot and being confused celebrating Christmas without snow, we had a really nice time. Our little family is just beautiful.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

sounds so nice. i'm eager to have a little family christmas someday.

Shannon said...

I love how simple the joy of your holiday was. I would love to try it like that one year. When we were chatting on Skype I was enchanted by your tree and presents. Simple.