Monday, March 15, 2010

Count Your Blessings

Today I woke up feeling a little ornery, so the girls and I made grateful lists...

Melia is grateful for:
the sun, the Thumbelina movie from Mommy, Sophie, Grandpa Bob and Wendy, Grammy and Papa, to have a poodle someday, wonderful stores with toys in them that I want to buy, my wonderful teddy Boodah, to go visit back to fernley some time, a wonderful family: Daddy, Mommy, Sophie, and Me, Gigi, to take naps, barbies, Cinderella horse from Grammy, our pictures that Mom put up in the house, little piggies, that I am feeling better, my little baby, Jaycee and Keira, Rex, my fish, Chun-Li, learning the alphabet ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 12345678910 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30, my potato head, Wal-mart, Costco, and Target, and Ross, Ellie, Lulu, and Jackson, My back pack to bring camping, to go camping, leaves, snails, and lizards, roses, our house in Hawaii, Dallas and Brenna and Sadie, ant poison in our house so they can die and not bug us, our body, how we move, Grandma Joyce

Sophie is grateful for:
DADDY, MOMMY, GRAMMY AND PAPA, WENDY AND GRANDPA BOB, EE-AH, AND SOPHIE

I am grateful for:
my girls, my mom, my new orange flower earrings, scoop neck shirts, when I feel confident, curly hair style, library books, sisters blog, simplicity, a good husband who is my friend, kind friends, parks for my kids, Sophie's obsession with pretty dance outfits, Melia's singing, family time together in Hawaii, birds singing, the sound of water and the ocean, art, computers, the limitless resource of the internet, my new exercise videos, Sophie's nose freckles, going to Utah to see family (hopefully soon), swimming pool we can use these months in HI, a nice car, liberty and freedom, the preschool program for Melia, Beach days with Anielka

9 comments:

Candy said...

what a sweet thing to do! I should do that with my kids.
We received your "aloha" today and it made my day! Thanks so much! You are such a sweet friend that I miss dearly.
P.S. I need to talk to you.

Christie said...

that was beautiful. thank you for sharing that.

Kristen said...

Hopefully you come visit Utah soon too!

Lindy Lewis said...

YAY for new exercise videos!!!!! what are they? And nothing beats the sound of the ocean, my fave too!! O.k. you guys look so cute and tan!!!!! I love all the pics on here!

Hey we have skype now so if you ever want to talk, give us a call!!!!

oh and let us know for sure if you come to utah :)
love ya!

summer said...

Great idea! Your girls are growing up fast, and are as pretty as their mom! Looks like good times! Hope all is well, miss you!

Shannon said...

And I am thankful for you, my little sister who thinks great big thoughts. I love you and your mind! What a wonderful idea for an ornery day! I'd imagine in turned that frown upside down.

the crew said...

that's a very lovely thing to do.
i hope to see you if you have a moment while you are in utah!

hope all is well!

you are truly wonderful annie.

Heather said...

that's lovely...I miss you. thank you for perspective.

Heath said...

I love it. I would also LOVE to be grateful for hearing the sounds of the ocean nearby.....someday....probably not soon :)