I have been looking for changes in my life lately...For example, in the last couple months I did Lasik on my eyes, changed my living room, started eating healthier, and I work out every day now. I also changed my hair.
First I got shorter layers cut in, which looks fantastic, but I also got highlights, which didn't work for me. I guess I just didn't know what else to do. I knew, as I was asking her to do them, that I didn't want to have her color my hair in any way that day. I had a bad feeling about it. But because she had reserved two hours for me, I felt like it was unfair to her to change my mind, only get the haircut, and walk out over an hour earlier than had been planned. So I just went ahead with it. I haven't really colored my hair before and figured it was a mild way to go anyway. The highlights weren't so bad, Danny liked the blonde with my complexion, but they just turned out a little bronzey along the top of my head, and too chunky, which bugged me, because I like natural looking hair on myself. So I asked my stylist to try her best to change it back. Now my ends look rich and fantastic and I love them...but my roots and the top three inches of my head are, well, RED! I am not comfortable with this! NOW I HAVE TWO TONE HAIR THAT IS FAKE RED AND DARK BROWN! I might as well start dressing gothic and put purple highlights all over in it, with a strip of scarlet down the front, too! I hate it! And I no longer trust my hair lady and am not sure who to turn to!
I know this is whiney and vain and ridiculous, but I have been mourning for my old hair for days now. I had decided two weeks ago that I wanted to keep my long hair into my thirties...now I am worried sick that I must cut it, short, which is the last thing I want to do! (deep breath, sniffle) This is why I have stayed away from coloring it all my life! Oooh, I just want to cry! What do I do?! Help!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I HATE MY HAIR!!!
Posted by Annie Jane at 10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm sorry Annie! You can take a trip to CA and my sister in-law can do it for the cost of color...she is a colorist at a salon and does such a good job at just lightly adding some color and shine. It's so tough being a girl!
Oh I am so sorry you hate it! What does Danny say about it? Post a picture! We all love and support you and won't make fun of you...I have some black fingernail polish you can have if you want. lol! just kidding. I'm sure you look beautiful as ever.
and, I'd love to see your living room too!
Annie...ask around and I bet u can find someone who will fix it for u! The sad part is that u will have to pay for it again....but at least u won't have to cut it!!
I am so sorry that it wasn't what u wanted! That is so frustrating!
Good luck!
Oh shoot! I bet it looks much better than you think. Still, I understand your heartache. When I colored my hair from its highlighted blonde to dark brown, I bawled and obsessed over it for days. Lost sleep over it. Was mad at myself and my stylist over it. To top it off, Dad flat out said "I don't like it. It's not you. Sam kept calling me Audrey. The color was pretty, it just wasn't me. So it lasted 10 days. I went back to her to add some highlights (funny how mine is just opposite of your issue). It took a few months to get it looking right.
The moral? give it a couple months to get looking right again.... and DON'T CUT IT SHORT! You certainly could go Goth for a while. Maybe it would help get rid of a few of your callings!!!
Sorry it didn't work out Annie. I know that any time you put brown over light colored hair it goes reddish for about a week. It will fade!
Hey Annie, I found your blog through Kristens...but whatever you do don't cut your hair. Once you cut you won't want to grow it our again...you know passing that awkward stage will be almost as hard. Good luck...
oh annie jane, man how I've been in your shoes... many, many times. hating your hair is a very serious and depressing matter. We must confront this with full force and soberness. Some options... first you could try a toner. that is a purpleish dye that is opposite of orange on the color scale and it helps in relieveing brassyness. the only thing is, I've only tried it on blonde, not browns so I'm not sure how that would work. also, it's something you have get professionaly done. pricy. it's hard without seeing it cause I don't really know how light or dark your hair is right now. another option is to try an overall darker brown color. when I was stuck in your shoes that turned out to be the best thing i could of done. then after you let your hair rest for about a month or so you can go back and add a FEW light, natural looking highlights. As far as cutting it goes. I cannot even imagine you with short hair.. it's just not annie!!! but, after thinking about it, it might actually be really cute. I just cut all my hair off not long ago (really hard) but I haven't looked back. as long as it's cute and modern it could be a really good move. let's see a picture. love you and good luck! i'm here for you. i've been there before!! in the mean time I'm going to send you some pictures of cute short bobs I found on the internet when trying to decide if I should cut my hair.
Annie, I am sorry you hate your hair but I thought you looked gorgeous at church today. I didn't have a chance to even talk to you with how busy we all were but I just wanted to let you know.
I remember when my dad layered my hair in Junior high...wow, talk about a nightmare. Natural curly hair in short and long layers. It looked like a she mullet. It took me 2 years to grow it out and I don't think I have ever done layers since. Better safe than sorry!! I wish I had a picture. Lets just say I wore hats alot that year!!!
Love ya
annie dear. its ok, i was a goth for a while, if you want i'll loan you my black lipstick and some clothes that are full of weird buckles and straps. haha. all you would need would be a chain to complete the outfit. dont worry about it. you will be ok. take it from someone who has had a million colors and cuts, your hair grows back. even if you cut it short it will grow back. thats the beauty for hair its only permament for people like cameron, who cant get it to come back unless its on their back. :) I'd say, find a new stylist. shop around. its so hard to find someone that knows enough and knows you well enough to do what you want and not something you hate. the red should definately fade. If you still hate it in a week or so, go to someone with a picture of what your hair looked like when the color was good, then have them duplicate that. if they are good they should be able to do it, no prob, but it will probibly not be cheap. i hope it works out. i'm so sorry.
Annie I once made the mistake of dying my hair blackcherry. It truly was a scary experience! My dark hair absorbed the dark so much it would of freaked out the gothics. I spent a fortune getting it back to normal. I would take your friend up in CA and have a professional colorist fix it. From what I read I am guessing your stylist used bleach to lighten it and it blead in the roots. I would pass on that you were recommended to use Redken. They are the best hands down when it comes to pretty reds. If you can't go to CA I would hire a professional colorist. The thing is everytime you color your hair it weaken the protein in your individual hair strands. I am sure your hair is really strong because it was Virgin hair but since you have a desire to keep your long hair you dont want someone inexperienced to fix your hair. The reality is being a good colorist is a gift and takes lots of experience. To fix your hair the colorist needs to be experienced enough with the color line to know which undertones to mix to address the brassy red. Next time you have a gut feeling tell the stylist you changed your mind. If the stylist has a problem with that it is their problem. It is all part of business! The dark brown will fade that she put in so I wouldn't be as worried about the brown. Red's fade too and it may be to your benift. Post a picture if you want and I could guess better. Hang in their it is fixable! Oh and FYI you can color hair and get a beautiful natural result! I have colored hair before so suddle that I think the only person who could tell was the client and I but they were happy!
Post a Comment