Sometimes I get doing a project and whooaa!-- my house becomes destroyed! Above, are piles of the stuff I picked up off the floor from around my entire house after a couple days of "project time."
And here are my personal calculations of just how much crap I pick up off the ground over a year. Dedicated to all you Mighty Mothers and "Super Sorters" (err, Americans) out there...
These piles of mine each had about 300 items in them! Shoes, toys, a bunch of little hair clips, tools from the garage, clothes...etc. I figure that means there are about 100-200 items each day that must be put back in their proper place. If that is true, each week I sort through at least 700 items of crap and each year, in my little 1500 sq. ft. house of four, I sort through and put away around a half million items!
Goodness, me!
And this doesn't include papers, food, dishes, laundry, closets and drawers, etc.
I either better get rid of some crap or teach my kids how to do it as soon as possible!
These piles of mine each had about 300 items in them! Shoes, toys, a bunch of little hair clips, tools from the garage, clothes...etc. I figure that means there are about 100-200 items each day that must be put back in their proper place. If that is true, each week I sort through at least 700 items of crap and each year, in my little 1500 sq. ft. house of four, I sort through and put away around a half million items!
Goodness, me!
And this doesn't include papers, food, dishes, laundry, closets and drawers, etc.
I either better get rid of some crap or teach my kids how to do it as soon as possible!

7 comments:
HOLY COW!!! I have the same piles that are driving me ... mad MAD I tell you!
You are Wonder Woman's mentor!
oh so good to know I have someone in my boat. I swear I pick up SO much crap throughout the day. But I've never thought of putting it all together in a pile throughout the day. That stresses me out even more, because then it's even more picking up and putting away trips I have to make!
funny note...Keira is here by me on the computer. She said, "mom is that Annie's house? It is so messy" i was impressed that she knew your house in just a couple seconds.
POST PICS OF YOUR HAIR!
...please...
Wow! WOW! I guess I'm not the only one that feels like a cleaning service. What an entertaining and thought-provoking post Annie. A half million items a year with two kids... so I must do even more with three kids and all our boy toys. I figure I clean up 50 matchbox cars alone... and then if I count legos I'll reach over a million peices in a year! Oooh. So that's what I do with my 'spare' time!
PS.... what projects?
wow annie!! good luck in getting your kiddos to cleean up aftrer themselves!!! I love you
Yeah for piles of stuff!! It is no wonder that I can't seem to get to the dishes until 10p.m. or get all the laundry put away. It seems to me that each new addition to our family has increased my piles of junk exponentially not just by one.
My family actually scored a great bargain on my cleaning services (at least thats what I tell them as I am picking up after all of them.) Seriously, come over some time and see my piles of stuff-we are the same!
Post a Comment