Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nuhau Aloha

What is new in Hawaii:

Freckles. We use a lot of sunscreen, but we've still got em.  I have two new big splotches right in the middle of my cheek and Sophie has two big ones on her nose.

Whole Grains. My kids won't eat white rice anymore! They like brown better! Yipee!

Self-Help Books. They are helping me out of a lurch.

Achievement. "Ih mek me feewl ain-gwee when ew do dat!" At age 2, Sophie is using her words!

Insanity and Physique 57. These new work out videos top the charts for me! Wahoo! Ouch.

Raw. Fish. Danny loves it. He's a real sushi guy now.

Chocolate covered, coconut coated, macadamia nuts.  Too good. I try not to buy them.

Camping on the beach. We hope to do that this coming Friday.

Kids clothes for Sophie. In just 8 months, Sophie has grown two whole clothing sizes. Lately, I am thinking I should put her in 5T. She is still 2 years old.

Melia's distaste for men. She is in a phase where she only wants pretty female teachers at church or preschool. 

No more death fears. Melia used to sob and sob that we were all going to die, and at random moments, on any given day. We bought a book on grief that helped us understand why. After a chat with her about it, her fear is gone. Incredible.

Grieving. I am deeply engulfed in a lifetime of regrets and sorrows and am trying to swim through what is necessary to move on...

2 comments:

Christie said...

oh annie you are beautiful. and the best thing about life is that we dont have to worry about the past once it is gone...the beauty of Christ. i'm serious. i of all people have a lot regrets and painful things i wish weren't a part of my story but the truth is- they are, and they made me--me! if those events, those regrets didn't happen i would be different, i've learned things, i've changed, i'm different. i dont know what sorrows you are wading through but i do know about wading, about drowning...it does go away- somehow we learn how to swim. i love you. i cant wait to see you guys

Shannon said...

I am proud of you Annie. You are more aware of your feelings and are honest about it all to yourself and to others. That isn't easy for most people. Thanks for helping me look into my feelings more honestly and with resolve to deal with them accordingly.

I am glad you wrote this list. It is reality in paradise.