We had a really nice time last week when my dad and Wendy came to visit us! We were able to do many fun and relaxing things: early morning paddling, shopping, lounging at the beach, dining out, family home evening book reports by the girls, whale watching (Wendy was amazing at spotting every single one!), another great luau, touring Hilo and Akaka Falls (Kristen--we went to Ed's cafe!), body surfing, and church.
It was incredible and touching to watch them play with our lovely little blondie girls. Sophie and Melia were thrilled! My dad took a picture of Melia (below) that is possibly my most favorite picture of her ever!
Wendy and my dad make a great pair; it was nice to have all that quality time getting to know them as "Mr. and Mrs. Elkington." They are a classy and fun. We are so glad they came to see us.
We love you, Dad and Wendy!





10 comments:
wow...when did Sophie get so chubby?! And when did Melia get so tall?! They are getting so big. And I swear if there was a way to steal someone's tan...well you better believe that I would be stealing yours! You are gorgeous my friend!
Sounds like you have a fabulous time together!
I am so glad they got to enjoy Hawaii with you all. I am so jealous too! The pictures are gorgeous. The one of Melia is absolutely beautiful. You all look so beautiful. I love your hair. Promise me you'll never cut it short!
I think spending time together with Dad and Wendy is so important. They are so great together, aren't they? And Wendy knows just how to get those kids to love her! And me too, actually! She is very kind and good. Dad is a different version of Dad these days, he looks and acts so great. It warms my heart!
Sending you all a hug! XXXX
Those are fabulous pictures! What a dreamy life...
You're right, that pic of Melia is beautiful. I'm sure you love it when family comes to visit. What an awesome experience you guys are having over there. I wonder if you'll want to come back to the "mainland" after this. Why would you want to leave paradise (besides the cost of milk)? So fun.
You guys are a beautiful family, I love your pictures. I wish I lived in Hawaii =)
Annie, For some reason your blog never updates on my blog so I am going to have to be better about checking your blog.
First of all, you look BEAUTIFUL! Your family is as adorable as ever and I love your pictures.
How much longer will you be in Hawaii? Nice to peek into your life. Keep blogging :)
I can't believe this is where you LIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEE. Annie, you and your girls are just beyond beautiful. You match your gorgeous background. I don't know if I told you this before (probably did, but I have pregnancy brain) Wendy used to be in my ward and I see her ex-husband almost everyday at the gym. Love him! Cute kids too. Anyhow I'm glad that they were able to come see YOUR world. How fun is that to be a tour guide for family?
Ok I want your tan. And hey I love your hair blonde! Your girls are getting so big and those pics of them are so cute! We miss you guys!
Looks like you had a good time...I wish we could come back soon. I am dying for some scandanavian ice.
So did you like the goodies at ed's? I wasn't much impressed with the homemade sandwiches as I was with all the cookies they offer...Hawaiian wedding cookies from eds were by far the best treat I had all week.
You are seriously gorgeous...I LOVE your blonde hair. Your girls are adorable as well. We need to do another trip with you guys...hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment