Watch this...
Annie and I watched this movie and got pretty uncomfortable with a lot of what was said. If you have not seen this film, I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to peak into Evangelicals worlds. This clip is pretty wild.
Some of my favorite quotes in the order in which they are said and my thoughts:
mom says-"yeah, its not really a big problem is it... it's a huge political issue and that is why it is so important for you to understand it." hmmm so what exactly is the cause if any of global warming?
mom says- "what if you had to go to school where your teacher said evolution is stupid, and you are stupid if you believe in it." Levi says- "I wouldn't mind that." mom says-"you wouldn't mind it." hmmm so it is ok to think others are stupid if they don't agree with you.
mom says- "If you look at creationism you realize that it is the only possible answer to all the questions." really? all the questions? how about electricity? ah..
mom says-"science doesn't prove anything, and it's really interesting when you look at it that way." Levi says- "it is?" mom- "it is." it's true there is not a single thing that science proves.
mom says- "If you look at creationism you realize that it is the only possible answer to all the questions." really? all the questions? how about electricity? ah..
mom says-"science doesn't prove anything, and it's really interesting when you look at it that way." Levi says- "it is?" mom- "it is." it's true there is not a single thing that science proves.
I hope that we can all think about the things that we teach and say. It is scary to think that kids are taught without having to reason or think.
9 comments:
Scary.
I love the picture of Bush on the Fridge.
I can't get the video to play!!
isn't it disturbing that you don't have to be well educated to homeschool kids?
Hey a thought from me, the video was definitely slanted. I don't have anytihng against evangelicals. They are wonderful people. The video itself, made me want to think more about what I say and teach in church and also to teach others to critically think, particularly my children and those I influence in my church callings.
I believe more than ever before that everyone has their own right to choose for themselves what they want to believe and how they want to live.
Also, at church I must be careful not to go off on my Annie-rants--it is best to keep close to scriptural doctrine,a s much as possible!
I finally got to see the clip-- what a wacko!!!! I hope that Heather isn't this kinda of strange teacher:0) thanks Annie and Danny
I still cant get over that mullett!!! Yikes!
hmmm. Shes pretty crazy... John william jr WILL have that rat tail. It was out of this world!
Hey Hydes!! I love the header picture of your family. PS the video was Crazy!
Hey Annie,
I came across your blog while on Kaydee's sight. It has been so long. You have two beautiful children, and you are as gorgeous as ever. It sounds like life is good. It was fun to check out your blog and see how life has been for you.
Post a Comment